Statement on Accessibility
Northwestern Bank is committed to serving all of our customers, including those with disabilities. Our efforts to ensure accessibility are embedded into our core values of standing for excellent service and doing what’s right:
- Accessibility is part of our internal policies.
- Continual accessibility training is provided for employees.
- Formal accessibility quality assurance methods exist within our organization.
The following information is provided for those who may require special assistance to access Northwestern Bank products and services.
We have designed our branch locations with accessibility and convenience in mind:
- All of our branch locations are wheelchair accessible and offer easy open doors to service areas.
- Where possible, we offer drive-up teller windows and drive-up ATMs.
- Where possible, we include at least one parking space for customers with disabilities.
- We have extended evening and weekend hours and many locations, to provide added time and convenience.
- The retrofitting of older branches to enhance accessibility is ongoing.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation to access Northwestern Bank’s products and services may call us at (712) 737-4911 in Orange City or (712) 324-5141 in Sheldon to speak to a customer service representative. Requesters should include contact information and, depending on the nature of the request, Northwestern Bank may need sufficient notice to provide accommodation.
Northwestern Bank's ATM locations take into account the needs of customers with disabilities.
- Audio capability: Access to English or Spanish audio is available by plugging in a standard headset — you will be guided through your transaction while the screen appears blank. A Braille sticker on all ATMs directs vision-impaired customers to the audio jack.
- Design features: ATMs provide the height and reach requirements to support wheelchair accessibility, and are fully compliant with ADA guidelines.
Call 1(888) 712-7627 for a 24-hour automated telephone service including account access, the ability to report a lost or stolen Debit/ATM card, as well as office locations and hours. You may also leave us a message.
You may also call our customer service center at (712) 737-4911 in Orange City or (712) 324-5141 in Sheldon during office hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Send correspondence to Northwestern Bank, 122 Central Avenue NW, Orange City, IA 51041 (or) 934 3rd Avenue, Sheldon, IA 51201. Be sure to include your return address, telephone number and email. Prepaid envelopes are available upon request.
We continually strive to improve our online user experience for everyone who visits NWBonline.bank, by applying the relevant standards for website accessibility.
All NWBonline.bank pages are regularly monitored through Siteimprove™, a third-party validation and testing product. We test our website on a regular basis and are in the process of enhancing the accessibility and usability of our website based upon the “AA” standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in its Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.
We are also working with our partners to bring online services, including Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Online Applications, into compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
In the event that a user with a disability experiences accessibility issues on our website, please notify us by using our online contact form, or by calling us at (712) 737-4911 in Orange City or (712) 324-5141 in Sheldon. In your communication to us, please specify the nature of your accessibility difficulty, including the URL/link that may have presented an accessibility challenge.
There are also several accessibility features on your computer or mobile device that can help maximize your online experience. These include:
- Magnifying the text or content on the screen
- Having words on the screen read out loud
- Enabling high-contrast text
For help customizing any of these features, choose the appropriate link(s) below.
To modify the colors, text size or mouse pointers on your screen; or to enable text-to-speech, choose the appropriate link for your operating system below:
To learn how to use the zoom magnification features or enable high-contrast text, choose the appropriate link for your browser below:
Northwestern Bank's website contains links to webpages hosted by third parties. We will notify you upon leaving our domain space (NWBonline.bank), and cannot guarantee the accessibility level of third-party websites or remediate accessibility barriers on such websites.
Last Updated 8/19/19