Card Controls on the NWB Mobile App
With the ”Card Controls” feature on the NWB Mobile App, you can:
- Turn Card On/Off: Instantly disable your debit card if it’s been misplaced or stolen. Once you find it, enable it again just as easily.
- Spending Limits: Control and monitor your spending limits by setting a maximum transaction amount.
- Transaction Types: Disable certain transaction types you use less often — like ATM withdrawals, online purchases or international transactions — to protect against fraudulent card charges.
- Locations: Stop fraudulent purchases outside of your regular geographic location. Limit your card's usage by zip code, city or state.
- Create Alerts: Decide which information you’d like to receive via push notifications – every time you make a transaction, times your card has been denied, and more.
Experience ultimate card control and download the NWB Mobile App today!
How Do Card Controls Work?
View a step-by-step guide to using Card Controls on the NWB Mobile App:
Frequently Asked Questions
This page offers a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and answers regarding the "Card Controls" feature on the NWB Mobile App.
How Much Do Card Controls Cost?
Nothing. Card Control is a free feature for all Northwestern Bank customers, who have an eligible Debit Card, an online banking login and the NWB Mobile App downloaded to their device.
What are the Requirements to Use Card Controls?
1. You must be a Northwestern Bank customer with a registered online banking ID (get one here).
2. You must download the NWB Mobile App to your smart device (click here to have the download link texted to your device).
You can also set up the Card Control feature in person, with a personal banker at a physical NWB branch location. Click here to set up an appointment.
If I lose my card and disable it, what should I do when it’s located again?
Once the card has been found, you can enable it again through Card Controls.
However, if you believe your card was out of your possession and may have been compromised, you should NOT turn your card back on. Instead, contact Northwestern Bank and have a new card issued.
I Have the NWB Mobile App. Are My Cards Automatically Enrolled?
Yes, if you have already downloaded the NWB Mobile App, and have NWB cards connected to your eligible accounts, they will automatically be detected and listed on the NWB Mobile App.
However, even though your card(s) will be detected, none of the “Card Control” features (setting limits, alerts, toggling on/off, etc.) will be automatically activated until you choose to do so manually.
Do Card Controls Work for Non-NWB Cards?
No, the NWB Mobile App feature won't currently work for card accounts not associated with Northwestern Bank.
Can I add the card of a family member or joint account holder?
No, even if you hold a joint account with someone, you may only add cards specifically in your name. To use Card Controls, each individual card holder will need their own NWB Mobile App downloaded to their device.
Can I set my card limit higher than my account’s daily limit?
No, you cannot change your card limit to exceed the current daily limit attached to your account. If you would like to increase your daily limit on your account, contact us at Northwestern Bank.
Are Card Controls Available Through Online Banking?
No, the only way to access Card Controls is by using the NWB Mobile App on your smartphone or tablet.
What If My Question Isn’t On This Page?
For more information, or if you have additional questions, you can also reach us by phone at (712) 737-4911 in Orange City or (712) 324-5141 in Sheldon. Or, contact NWB online.