Local decision making, timely responses, trust and expertise, are promises we make to you as your financing partner. At Northwestern Bank, we understand that major purchases require support and that's why we offer variety and flexibility of consumer and personal loans to fit your needs.
Auto/Boat/Recreational Vehicle Loans
Finance in confidence! Northwestern Bank offers a skilled lending staff equipped with the experience and knowledge to help you through your entire purchase process. Whether you have your eye on a brand new vehicle or something classic, we can customize your loan to fit your needs and budget!
- No Application Fee
- 0.25% auto-debit payment discount available*
- No pre-payment penalty
- Flexible term options available
- Local decision making, processing, and management of your loan
- Financed Credit Life, A&H, insurance available to eligible borrowers
- Secured personal loans available
*Borrower required to have automatic scheduled payment from an NWB checking/savings account in order to qualify.
Home Equity Loans
The equity in your home offers you a great source of power when you decide to improve your home, consolidate debt or need money for other personal reasons. We offer a variety of Home Equity programs that will compliment your lifestyle and financing objectives. Not sure whether a Home Equity Loan or Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) is best for you? Give us a call today and our experienced lenders will help navigate you through these options.
- Local decisions
- Once completed, your loan stays at NWB - we do not sell to other Financial Institutions
- No annual fee
When used responsibly, credit cards can offer convenience and flexibility. At Northwestern Bank, we offer a variety of credit card options with competitive benefits available. Individual rewards and terms will vary, and include perks such as:
Credit Card Center Login
- No annual fee
- Low introductory rate
- Interest-free grace period
- Preferred Points Program option
- Rental car collision damage waiver protection
- 24-Hour toll-free live customer assistance
- Online account access and management
- Airline rewards
- Personal and business credit cards
Northwestern Bank works with Iowa Student Loan to offer supplemental private loans to help you pay for college as well as refinance existing student loan debt. As an Iowa non-profit and the state’s student loan experts, Iowa Student Loan offers competitively priced loans.*
The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) and College Family Loan were created to help you pay college costs while you are or your student is in school.
- The Partnership Loan is for students and their cosigners.
- The College Family Loan is for parents, family members and others who wish to borrow on behalf of a student.
The Reset Refinance Loan can help you simplify repayment or pay lower interest costs on existing student loans after college.
With these loans, you know what you’re getting before you apply as all terms and conditions, including credit score requirements for specific rates, are provided upfront. In addition, there are no upfront origination fees and you can earn an interest rate reduction for making payments by auto-debit in repayment. Note: These loans are subject to credit approval.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of these smart borrowing resources while planning for college and before applying for student loans. These free resources include online tools to help students and families:
- Avoid overborrowing
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- Estimate total college costs for four years of undergraduate students.
Before applying for a private loan, be sure to complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, first. You should also work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
*Northwestern Bank is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of student loan customers.